|The Outpost Player's Club Explanation|
THE OUTPOST PLAYER'S CLUB
This year, as you know, a lot of changes have been made by Wizards of the Coast to tournament play and these include the end of Booster Prize Support from WOTC to local stores like the Outposts, except for Prereleases. With this change in mind, we had to carefully consider our options and we have finally decided to keep rewarding the players for playing Magic: the Gathering in the Outpost Gamecenters at our own cost. This meant that we had to make a few changes.
We are happy to present you with a new system: The Outpost Player's Club (OPC) ! It replaces the previous OTT (Outpost Tournament Tracker) to reward players. It works like other well-known similar systems. Just like before, every time you play an event in an Outpost, you will earn points that will allow you to reach different levels and benefits. The OPC is oriented to provide the following advantages for the players:
- A clear and direct reward to the players independently of what the other players are doing, just based on the accumulated points
- Detailed information about your amount of points earned and your current level during the season
- A detailed list of all the tournaments that happened in all the Outposts
- Detailed information about your ranking and points in any tournament that you've played in an Outpost
Additionally, we had to make a change to the drafts in the Outposts:
- The cost of a draft is now 12 € instead of 11 € (for both weekly regular draft and FNM)
- The prizing per draft is 5 boosters for a 8-9-10-11 Players Pod and 4 Boosters for a 6-7 Players Pod.
We have also decided to change the name of our big events from Outpost Masters to Outpost Open to accentuate that these events are open to everyone and not limited to the “Masters”. Even though they are competitive events, we would like to emphasize that those weekends are organized to ensure players can have plenty of fun and have access to a variety of open events.
The two first OPC semesters will be defined as follow:
Semester 1: 1st April 2012 – 30th September 2012
Semester 2: 1st October 2012 – 31st March 2013
1. THE OUTPOST PLAYER'S CLUB POINTS SYSTEM
2. THE OUTPOST PLAYER'S CLUB LEVELS AND BENEFITS
CLUB AND BENEFITS CLARIFICATION
1. Players are eligible for their level's benefits as soon as they reach it.
For example, if a player levels up from 5 to 6 during an FNM Open Weekend, he will be able to get a bye for the next Open Tournament he plays during that same weekend.
2. Players can ask the Drafts Coupons in the Outpost of their choice.
3. Once a player has reached a level, he will keep the benefits of that level over the following season. When a new season begins, the player will retain the continual benefits of his old level, while in addition being able to win a new batch of rewards such as Draft Coupons.
- The Outpost Staff is not eligible for any Levels Benefits